“Sue takes care of all the practical necessities, relieving stress, leaving you to focus on the memories”
When arranging a funeral by burial, there are certain things that must be taken into consideration, who will make the practical arrangements? what details will be needed? who deals with the transportation of the deceased on the day of the funeral? Here at Ashby Funeral Care, Sue will relieve you of as much stress as she can, by taking care of all the practical necessities, leaving you with only the choices on what service you would like to give to your loved one, at your chosen venue. Sue will ask you whether you would like her to take your loved one into her care. The deceased can rest before the funeral at Sue’s funeral home, or respectively if it is safe enough to return them, they can rest at home. If you decide to have your loved one rest at home, Sue will offer to take them into her care temporarily, and return them home after all the preparations have taken place. This is purely preferential, and you can discuss your options with Sue, upon contacting her. Everyone is different, and Sue believes that each funeral should be unique, and that the factors that influence the final choice of ceremony should reflect the person that has passed. Sometimes our loved ones will leave us instructions on what service they wanted and this will be met with respect and followed to every single detail.
Primarily, there are only a few things that Sue will need to know;
- Where the funeral service will take place, such as; cemetery chapel, church, graveside or elsewhere.
- The full name, age and address of the deceased.
- The current resting place of the deceased.
- Whether or not a ‘Medical Certificate of Death’ has been issued.
- The name and contact details of the deceased’s doctor.
- Whether the funeral will be religious or a non religious service.